I apologize that at times this page will not allow me to connect before I leave school. Please look at the previous day if needed as I try to do a “looking ahead” when I can.
May you have a peaceful and Happy Thanksgiving! In keeping with my policy–no HW over breaks- except do some HOME work: students are to do something for the family and do it joyfully and in a timely manner! Peace–Mrs. T
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS/Projects: Vocabulary: 6,7,8:
Please help ensure your student is checking the webpage and doing all work–especially when absent. It is their responsibility to make-up missed work and to follow up and ask for work.
HOMEROOM: We have had some great spirit wear this week! Pep Rally tomorrow!
Gr 6, 7 & 8 Vocabulary /Spelling Lesson 10 will be started on Monday Dec 2 and will be due Dec 6.
I highly urge students to use Quizlet to study for the vocabulary tests. I explained this in class and how to access already created Quizlets: Google Quizlet lesson (#) Vocabulary for Achievement Introductory or First Course , etc and you will find Quizlets already made that you can use.
Gr 6 SCI No class today, no HW
Gr 7 SCI Quiz tomorrow on names of the cell cycle and names of the phases of mitosis. Just names, order,spelling, not definitions. There were notes on board and a “script sheet should be in binder.
Gr 8 Sci No class today, no HW