I apologize that at times this page will not allow me to connect before I leave school. Please look at the previous day if needed as I try to do a “looking ahead” when I can.
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS/Projects: Vocabulary: 6,7,8: Spelling Test less 9 Mon 11/22 Sci 7 Thurs 11/21
Please help ensure your student is checking the webpage and doing all work–especially when absent. It is their responsibility to make-up missed work and to follow up and ask for work.
HOMEROOM: Field trip Friday 11/15 Uniform and packed lunch please. Gr 8 Field trip Tues 11/19 Uniform and packed lunch please
Gr 6, 7 & 8 Vocabulary /Spelling Lesson 9 wkbk due Fri 11/22 and Spelling less 9 test Mon 11/25 Extra words tenacious and competition
I highly urge students to use Quizlet to study for the vocabulary tests. I explained this in class and how to access already created Quizlets: Google Quizlet lesson (#) Vocabulary for Achievement Introductory or First Course , etc and you will find Quizlets already made that you can use.
Gr 6 SCI NOTE: Tuesday evening Read pp 70-79 finish WS pp 28-30 if you did not finish in class. We did a lab today. Nothing due for it tomorrow. No written HW unless you have not completed the worksheets. Be studying.
Gr 7 SCI Science Test tomorrow. Be sure you are reviewing the types of transport that we reviewed today.
Gr 8 Sci Ch 16 Sect 2 Read text and do wkbk pages! due Wed 11/20