I apologize that at times this page will not allow me to connect before I leave school. Please look at the previous day if needed as I try to do a “looking ahead” when I can.
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS/Projects: Gr 6 is currently doing the graphing assessment. This is completely in school. Vocabulary: 6,7,8: Spelling Test less 8 and Voc less 7 & 8 both on Mon 11/18
Please help ensure your student is checking the webpage and doing all work–especially when absent. It is their responsibility to make-up missed work and to follow up and ask for work.
HOMEROOM: Field trip Friday 11/15 Uniform and packed lunch please. Gr 8 Field trip Tues 11/19 Uniform and packed lunch please
Gr 6, 7 & 8 Vocabulary /Spelling Lesson 8 wkbk due Thurs 11/14 andSpelling less 8 test and voc test less 7 & 8 is Mon 11/18 Extra words communication and information
I highly urge students to use Quizlet to study for the vocabulary tests. I explained this in class and how to access already created Quizlets: Google Quizlet lesson (#) Vocabulary for Achievement Introductory or First Course , etc and you will find Quizlets already made that you can use.
Gr 6 SCI No HW; we are doing graphing assessment in class this week.This will be complete by Friday. Looking ahead: Read pp -70-79 by Tues 11/19. and do Reading Check Questions and caption Questions. Use a correct heading and neatly done on looseleaf with complete sentences that incorporate the question in a grammatically correct manner.
Gr 7 SCI Visualizing main ideas p 269 Looking ahead Review p 270-271 1-23,26,27 is due Mon 11/18
Gr 8 Sci Looking ahead Read Ch 16 pp 464-471 and do wktk pp 178-180 including connect it and skim! Due Fri 11/15