I apologize that at times this page will not allow me to connect before I leave school. Please look at the previous day if needed as I try to do a “looking ahead” when I can.
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS/Projects: Gr 8 Sci Thur 10/24 Gr 6 Sci Fri 10/25 Vocabulary: 6,7,8: Spelling Less 6 Mon 10/28 Voc less 5 & 6 Mon 10/28
Please help ensure your student is checking the webpage and doing all work–especially when absent. It is their responsibility to make-up missed work and to follow up and ask for work.
Gr 6, 7 & 8 Vocabulary /Spelling Lesson 6 wkbk due Fri 10/25 and 12 word spelling Test Monday 10/28 and Voc test 5&6 10/28 Extra words communication and information
I highly urge students to use Quizlet to study for the vocabulary tests. I explained this in class and how to access already created Quizlets: Google Quizlet lesson (#) Vocabulary for Achievement Introductory or First Course , etc and you will find Quizlets already made that you can use.
Gr 6 SCI TEST FRIDAY
Gr 7 SCI Read text pp 246-253 Wkbk pp 96-98 due Monday 10/28
Gr 8 Sci No HW tonight . Looking ahead we are starting Ch 15 WKBK 166-169 due Tuesday.