Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS/Projects: 6,7,8 Spelling test less 4 Mon 10/7 and Voc 3/4 10/7
Please help ensure your student is checking the webpage and doing all work–especially when absent. It is their responsibility to make-up missed work and to follow up and ask for work.
Gr 6, 7 & 8 Vocabulary /Spelling Lesson 4 wkbk due Fri 10/4 and 12 word spelling Test Monday 10/7 Extra words are transparent and confident, Vocabulary test for 3&4 is Mon 10/7
I highly urge students to use Quizlet to study for the vocabulary tests. I explained this in class and how to access already created Quizlets: Google Quizlet lesson (#) Vocabulary for Achievement Introductory or First Course , etc and you will find Quizlets already made that you can use.
Gr 6 SCI Today we looked up corrections for our tests–students had to document where the information was presented and document it –ex. p 9 text or classnotes 9/15 or Content outline p 2. There will be a notebook check in the very near future and all items must be in correct chronological order and in the binder. Any missing item is -10 pts. Out of order is -5 pts. This counts like a lab ( which is about half the weight of a test) .
Gr 7 SCI p 220 1-3 correct heading and format!!!
Gr 8 Sci Reread pp 404-413 and begin studying the new info we presented and that is in this section.