Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS/Projects: 6,7,8 Spelling test less 4 Mon 10/7 and Voc 3/4 10/7
Please help ensure your student is checking the webpage and doing all work–especially when absent. It is their responsibility to make-up missed work and to follow up and ask for work.
PLEASE NOTE: Kona ice forms coming home and must use cash!
HOMEROOM: Field trip tomorrow do not be late! Read instructions on pink form– dress in layers ,pack a lunch, use bug spray and sunscreen at home, it’s colder and windy there! layers!
Gr 6, 7 & 8 Vocabulary /Spelling Lesson 4 wkbk due Fri 10/4 and 12 word spelling Test Monday 10/7 Extra words are transparent and confident, Vocabulary test for 3&4 is Mon 10/7
I highly urge students to use Quizlet to study for the vocabulary tests. I explained this in class and how to access already created Quizlets: Google Quizlet lesson (#) Vocabulary for Achievement Introductory or First Course , etc and you will find Quizlets already made that you can use.
Gr 6 SCI Took notes today. No written HW
Gr 7 SCI Read pp 218-220 Do all reading checks, caption questions or text questions that refer to a diagram in the section. Proper heading, complete sentence answers
Gr 8 Sci CWto HW Read pp 404-413 Do reading check questions in complete sentence answers that incorporate the question and do wkbk p 158