Welcome back to school!
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS/Projects: 6,7,8 Spelling test Mon 9/30 Sci 7 Wed 9/25
Please help ensure your student is checking the webpage and doing all work–especially when absent. It is their responsibility to make-up missed work and to follow up and ask for work.
Gr 6, 7 & 8 Vocabulary /Spelling Lesson 3 workbook due Friday Sept 27 12 word spelling Test Monday Sept 30 I highly urge students to use Quizlet to study for the vocabulary tests. I explained this in class and how to access already created Quizlets: Google Quizlet lesson (#) Vocabulary for Achievement Introductory or First Course , etc and you will find Quizlets already made that you can use.
Gr 6 SCI No HW tonight Sorry due to a technical difficulty, I did not get to copy the WS
Gr 7 SCI Ch 1 Sect 2 of workbook due Thursday, Sci test Wed 9/25
Gr 8 Sci Study variables and experimental design!!