If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
for Gr 6Spelling 6,7,8 Mon 5/6 (20 words for Gr 6, see vocab section)
Gr 6 Sci Anticipate Fri 5/10
Gr 7 Sci Fri 5/10 during vocab time
Gr 8 Sci Projects due for presentation on May 21 therefore they should be completed and practiced by 5/20
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
Please help ensure your student is checking the webpage and doing all work–especially when absent. It is their responsibility to make-up missed work and to follow up and ask for work.
VOCAB / SPELLING/ GR 6, 7 , & 8
Less 22 Gr 8 due 5/3 Gr 6 & 7 due 5/6 Spelling test for 6,7,8 Monday 5/6 Vocabulary less 21 & 22 Fri 5/10
GR 8 extra words: combustible and dissection
Gr 7 extra words : cotyledon and embryo
Gr 6 no extra words, instead the list is about suffixes so any 20 of the words/derivatives from the lesson Note all basic words plus theologian are guaranteed.
GR 6 Sci
Reflection of Solar Radiation ER 44 Read all handouts. Looking ahead— read Section 3 text pp 356-362 and sect 3 wkbk pp130-133 due Tuesday
Gr 6 Sci -REad text pp 342-347 and do sect 1 of the workbook pp 124-126 Due Tues 4/9
Gr 7 STUDY new terms!!!
Gr 8 Science: Ensure your group has a google doc set up for journal and share with me by Thursday (today) and make sure it is up to date. Secure permission from me for one per group to use cell phone for picture taking and be sure to document each step of your process. Pictures are required!!! If you have drawn plans, scan them into your document–btw every one should have a plan/diagram drawn prior to construction phase!! Bring $5 cash for Mrs. T for supplies. Thanks!