If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
Spelling 6,7,8 Mon 5/6 (20 words, see vocab section)
Gr 6 Sci Anticipate Fri 5/10
Gr 7 Sci Fri 5/10 during vocab time
Gr 8 Sci Projects due for presentation on May 21
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
Please help ensure your student is checking the webpage and doing all work–especially when absent. It is their responsibility to make-up missed work and to follow up and ask for work.
VOCAB / SPELLING/ GR 6, 7 , & 8
Less 22 Gr 8 due 5/3 Gr 6 & 7 due 5/6 Spelling test for 6,7,8 Monday 5/6 Vocabulary less 21 & 22 Fri 5/10
GR 6 Sci Complete the questions for the lab on dew point we did today
Gr 6 Sci -REad text pp 342-347 and do sect 1 of the workbook pp 124-126 Due Tues 4/9
Gr 7 STUDY new terms!!!
Gr 8 Science: Look for possible materials for projects, re read project instructions, ensure your group has a google doc set up for journal and share with me by Thursday