If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
Less 20 Sp and Less 19/20 Vocab tests Mon 4/8
Gr 6 Sci Test is Wed 4/3 Includes Ch 15 and the handout on Star Characteristics, HR Diagrams
Gr 8 Sci
Gr 7 Sci
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
Homeroom: Don’t forget to order your yearbook on line!! See the bulletin for info. Please help ensure your student is checking the webpage and doing all work–especially when absent. It is their responsibility to make-up missed work and to follow up and ask for work.
VOCAB / SPELLING/ GR 6, 7 , & 8
Less 20 due 4/5 Sp and Vocab tests Mon 4/8 Extra words are Monsignor and presidential
Gr 6 Sci – Review your moon phases. . Review is due Tuesday p 470-471 1-16, 22, 25 Complete sentence for all answers!!! Test is Wed 4/3
Gr 7 Sci PLEASE start studying for test!!!!
If you did not finish classwork–be sure you have data sheet ready for water cycle lab, do questions 1,2,4,5 p549 in text. Quest 1 note–can be food from an average day for you, not necessarily today.
Gr 8 Science: Write one fact from each chapter in our text that we can use for our Boost review. Don’t just turn to the first page of sect 1!!If your last name is B-E do sect 1 of each chapter, If you are F-K, do a fact from sect 2 , If you are M-Y, do a fact from sect 3 of each chapter.
Link for momentum lab– http://www.glencoe.com/sites/common_assets/science/virtual_labs/E24/E24.html
Link for work lab- http://www.glencoe.com/sites/common_assets/science/virtual_labs/E13/E13.html