If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS/Projects: 6,7, Spelling Less 19 Mon 3/25 Note: 8th will be Fri 3/29
Gr 6 Sci Test is Tues 4/2 Includes Ch 15 and the handout on Star Characteristics, HR Diagrams
Gr 8 Sci
Gr 7 Sci
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
Homeroom: Don’t forget to order your yearbook on line!! See the bulletin for info. Please help ensure your student is checking the webpage and doing all work–especially when absent. It is their responsibility to make-up missed work and to follow up and ask for work.
VOCAB / SPELLING/ GR 6, 7 , & 8
Grades 6,7,8 Spelling: Extra words: presentation and attitude Less 19 due Fri 3/22 Spelling test Mon 3/25 for Gr 6 & 7 Fri 3/29 for Gr 8 Also, sure all items have been made-up from absences and missing HW!
Gr 6 Sci – Be sure you have read handout Characteristics of Stars and do the WS J 83 due Thursday. You will receive content outline tomorrow. Review for Chapter is due Friday pp 468-469 1-14 and 21. Review your moon phases. Test is next Tues 4/2
Gr 7 Sci Read sect 3 p–p544-547 Do wkbk 216-217 Due Thursday. Remainder due on Friday.
Gr 8 Science: Read text pp 580-584 Do Workbook pp 218-220 due Friday 3/29 ALSO the link for the work lab is below. If you did not complete it–you can work on itfrom home. It must be turned in on Friday. It is possible boys who were on retreat will get some more class time for it tomorrow.
Link for momentum lab– http://www.glencoe.com/sites/common_assets/science/virtual_labs/E24/E24.html
Link for work lab- http://www.glencoe.com/sites/common_assets/science/virtual_labs/E13/E13.html