If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
6,7,8 Spelling Less 17 Mon 3/4
,Gr 6 Mini Space Projects complete by Mon 2/25, turn in written portion on Tues 2/26
Gr 8 Sci Test (Sect 1 & 2 only) Tues 2/26
Gr 7 Sci Test Thurs 2/28
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
VOCAB / SPELLING/ GR 6, 7 , & 8
Grades 6,7,8: Lesson 17due Friday 3/1 Spelling Test Mon 3/4 Extra words: intriguing transformation
Gr 6 Sci – Sect 3 Workbook sect 3 pp 156-158 should be complete! Mini Space reports: All partners had today to get together and practice. merge their items. Tomorrow they are to practice their presentation. Thank you for emailing backgrounds. Your one page report may be done in word or powerpoint. It must be printed out to turn it by Tuesday, 2/26 !!I will not print out reports!IF THERE IS SERIOUS ISSUE, A PARENT MUST COMMUNICATE AND EMAIL IT. Email powerpoint background slide only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gr 7 Sci Read 4-3 Handout Advances in Genetics and do 4-1 R&R WS Due Tuesday. Test on sects 1-3 Thursday
Gr 8 Science: Test Tues 2/26 Sect 1 & 2 only