If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS/Projects: 6,7,8 Spelling & Voc Less 16 Fri 2/22
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
Homeroom: Wed Envelopes will come home tomorrow!
VOCAB / SPELLING/ GR 6, 7 , & 8
Grades 6,7,8: Lesson 16 due Friday Feb 15 Spelling Test Friday Feb 22nd Extra words:covertness suppression
Gr 6 Sci – Read sect 3 Workbook sect 3 pp 156-158 Due Thurs We have started our mini Space reports. Please use NASA.gov first for info. If you any other site, please record the webpage info. You may begin looking for 2-6 pictures related to your project and put them on your flash drive.
Gr 7 Sci Read summary 4-1 and do 4-1`R&R due tomorrow, Thurs
Gr 8 Science: Workbook Sect 2 pp 197-199 including synthesize it Acceleration due Fri Calculate the time for each of the transportation modes found on your timeline handout. Show formula, substitution, solve in hours.