Welcome to Mrs. Taylor’s Web Page
It’s my goal to post helpful info,important reminders, and homework for ALL my classes on this page.
Your student should be maintaining a homework agenda, writing down HW at school. I do post HW and some important reminders daily on this web page so that HW can be confirmed, and also, so that absent students can obtain assignments. Thanks.
If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS/Projects: Spelling Less 13 Monday 1/28
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
Homeroom: Catholic Schools Week –Check flyer for all info on non-uniform and more! Teacher Appreciation Day tomorrow and Faculty vs Gr 8 in Dodge Ball.
VOCAB / SPELLING/ GR 6, 7 , & 8
Grades 6,7,8: Lesson 14 due Friday Feb 1 Vocab and Spelling Tests Monday Feb 5th Extra words: velocity displacement
test Monday Feb 5th Extra words: velocity displacement
Gr 6 Sci – Wkbk Sect 1 pp 150-152 Read text pp 408-412 and the handout Due Tuesday
Gr 7 Sci – Read Sect Summary and do R&R p C 73 Due Monday 2/5
Gr 8 Science:No HW Sect 1 workbook will be due by Monday Feb 5 ( Yes even though no science class-will look for completion on during vocabulary test)