Welcome to Mrs. Taylor’s Web Page
It’s my goal to post helpful info,important reminders, and homework for ALL my classes on this page.
Your student should be maintaining a homework agenda, writing down HW at school. I do post HW and some important reminders daily on this web page so that HW can be confirmed, and also, so that absent students can obtain assignments. Thanks.
If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS: Gr 7 Sci Ch 1 Test Wed 9/19 Gr 8 Sci Ch 1 Thur 9/20
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
GRADE 7 HR–Please view the Opening Night PowerPoint ( link is above) . Also, ensure your student is accessing the web page daily. Thank you.
VOCAB / SPELLING/ GR 6, 7 , & 8
No spelling or Vocabulary this week as we have no school on Friday. We will resume on Monday with Less3. Students will have some class time to work on this Monday.
Gr 6 Sci -Read sect 3 and do wkbk pp 8-10 due Tuesday
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Red 2008.
Gr 7 Sci -Ch 1 review pp 24-25 # 1-16, 18-22. For number 22 please add one more block for communicating, due Tuesday, Ch 1 Test Wed. Note: extra credit opportunities:
- write out the multiple choice as a sentence and incorporate the correct answer and also write the letter. If you do not write it out, you must at minimum write the entire answer choice and its letter. (earn 5 bonus)
- Do applying math and show any work (earn 8 bonus points)
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Green 2008.
Gr 8 Sci- Thank you for completing the virtual lab. You should have also completed all 3 sections of your workbook. It will be due to turn in next Thurs with all corrections. Ch Review p 32 1-18, 25, 26 due Wed 9/19 Ch 1 Test Thurs 9/20 ( This is a change)
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Blue 2008.