Welcome to Mrs. Taylor’s Web Page
It’s my goal to post helpful info,important reminders, and homework for ALL my classes on this page.
Your student should be maintaining a homework agenda, writing down HW at school. I do post HW and some important reminders daily on this web page so that HW can be confirmed, and also, so that absent students can obtain assignments. Thanks.
If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS: Gr 7 Sci Test Thurs 4/26 Gr 8 Sci Test Fri 4/27
Gr 6 & 7 Spelling test Fri 4/7 (less 14)
GRADE 7 HR–Please send in money for Graduation reception.
Please look over your student’s uniform pieces and be sure they are sized properly and free of rips, large stains, correct length, etc. Thank you!! Uniform violations will be issued going forward from today!
SPELLING/ Vocabulary: Gr 6 & Gr 7 Less 14 vocabulary is due Friday 4/27 Spelling test is Friday 4/27 for Less 14 plus the 10 extra list
Gr 6 Sci – No class today–so IF you have any missing work…good night to get it done!!
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Red 2008.
Gr 7 Sci –Study for test tomorrow
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Green 2008.
Gr 8 Sci- Finish problems 6 7 & 8 on the original packet. Also do the even numbered problems on the new worksheet ” Mechanical Advantage of Simple Machines” SHOW ALL STEPS!! Please do these on correctly labeled loose leaf.
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Blue 2008.