Welcome to Mrs. Taylor’s Web Page
It’s my goal to post helpful info,important reminders, and homework for ALL my classes on this page.
Your student should be maintaining a homework agenda, writing down HW at school. I do post HW and some important reminders daily on this web page so that HW can be confirmed, and also, so that absent students can obtain assignments. Thanks.
If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS: Spelling Tests Friday 3/2
GRADE 7 HR–
SPELLING/ Vocabulary Gr 6 & 7: WS is due Thursday, spelling test is Friday March 2 using the 20 words on the spelling WS
Gr 6 Sci -Please continue reading Sect 1 of Ch 8 (pp 226-230) and do the workbook pages 84, top of 85, and all 86 including Connect It.
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Red 2008.
Gr 7 Sci –Read pp 290-295 Do workbook for sect 3 pp 114-116 DNA This is due Monday. Those who have not tested on mitosis will need to make appointments to get a make-up! Today in class we created a Venn diagram to compare and contrast mitosis and meoisis. Absent students will be provided with the information.
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Green 2008.
Gr 8 Sci- Be studying the new information and be sure your sect 2 of the workbook is done by next Tuesday. Students who missed the Parachute challenge have been scheduled for makeups.
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Blue 2008.