Welcome to Mrs. Taylor’s Web Page
It’s my goal to post helpful info,important reminders, and homework for ALL my classes on this page.
Your student should be maintaining a homework agenda, writing down HW at school. I do post HW and some important reminders daily on this web page so that HW can be confirmed, and also, so that absent students can obtain assignments. Thanks.
If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS:Spelling Gr 6 & 7 Lesson Mon 2/12 Vocabulary Less 9 & 10 Fri 2/16 (If traveling MUST take early)
GRADE 7 HR Thank you for all the expressions of Teacher Appreciation !! I felt much appreciated!! Thank you for allowing me to assist in the formation of your children! I am honored.
SPELLING/ Vocabulary Gr 6 & 7:
Gr 6 & 7 Less 10 workbook due Friday 2/9 and spelling test Mon 2/12 Vocabulary test Lessons 9&10 Friday 2/16 IF you plan on traveling and not attending Friday you must notify me and take this prior to leaving.
Gr 6 Sci -Read text sect 2 pp 170-177 DO Self check 1-4 p 177 Use complete sentence answers following required format
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Red 2008.
Gr 7 Sci –Be studying the steps of mitosis in preparation for our models. You have been given revised “script” chart!
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Green 2008.
Gr 8 Sci-Bring any materials you want for the design challenge.
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Blue 2008.