Welcome to Mrs. Taylor’s Web Page
It’s my goal to post helpful info,important reminders, and homework for ALL my classes on this page.
Your student should be maintaining a homework agenda, writing down HW at school. I do post HW and some important reminders daily on this web page so that HW can be confirmed, and also, so that absent students can obtain assignments. Thanks.
If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
GRADE 7 Forms for a special local field trip due Tuesday!!!
SPELLING NOTE Gr 6 & 7: Vocabulary less 8 is due Monday 1/22 Less 8 spelling Test will be Friday 1/26 and Less 7&8 vocabulary test also will be Friday 1/26
Gr 6 Sci -Finish workbook sect 1 Also, on loose leaf, caption questions and reading check questions for section one. Please be sure to use correct heading format, complete sentences that incorporate the question and skip lines between each answer.
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Red 2008.
Gr 7 Sci –finish workbook sect 1 p 109 thru p 110 ALSO brainstorm and create a word/idea bank for the poem or mini essay you are writing for the prompt based on: the idea is to write about something you have learned that makes this true for you.
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Green 2008.
Gr 8 Sci-Create the data table for lab activity on p 539 Columns are Trial, Before, After , Notes You can draw in the Before scenario for each.
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Blue 2008.