Welcome to Mrs. Taylor’s Web Page
It’s my goal to post helpful info,important reminders, and homework for ALL my classes on this page.
Your student should be maintaining a homework agenda, writing down HW at school. I do post HW and some important reminders daily on this web page so that HW can be confirmed, and also, so that absent students can obtain assignments. Thanks.
If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS: Gr 7 Sci Mon 1/22* (this is a change due to some schedule changes at school!) Gr 6 Sci Fri 1/19
* If you are traveling next Monday–take it Friday
GRADE 7 HOMEROOM: March for Life tomorrow–dress accordingly–good walking shoes, layers, gloves, hats, etc. BE SURE TO TAKE ALL BOOKS HOME that you will need over the weekend on Thursday!!
SPELLING NOTE Gr 6 & 7: Vocabulary less 8 is due Monday 1/22 Less 8 spelling Test will be Friday 1/26 and Less 7&8 vocabulary test also will be Friday 1/26
Gr 6 Sci – Study guide was given . Reviewed today. Test is Friday 1/19
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Red 2008.
Gr 7 Sci –– Complete questions for diffusion lab if you if not get them done today. Workbook is due tomorrow for all others who did not go on march trip. Test is MONDAY 1/22 (unless you are traveling next week–then it is Fri!) This is a change due to schedule changes at school.
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Green 2008.
Gr 8 Sci- No HW! Test was today!
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Blue 2008.