Happy first week of Advent!
- Please continue to send in your gifts for our Adopted Child.
- Tomorrow is our movie day! Yes!!!!! If you would like to meet us for the movie tomorrow, we will be leaving school at 9. Chaperone admission is $5 at the door. Chaperones must pay full price for their own snacks/drinks. Students will be treated to Papa John’s pizza for lunch that day. The cost is FREE for this special luncheon as we received a very generous donation from grandparents of two of our school children. I have already taken the student’s orders.
- Please remember to send in items for the Christmas Craft day and purchase tickets for your children to participate in the day.
- Please see today’s e-mail regarding St. Nicholas. His feast day is tomorrow.
- Students are bringing home the field trip form today for the Nursing Home trip. Mrs. Gail Norris will be taking us to and from Leonardtown on this day for FREE! What a wonderful gift. Please thank bus #18 if you see Mrs. Norris. The $7 fee will cover our lunch expense at Big Larry’s. I have already taken student orders. Students will receive a lunch of either hamburger/cheeseburger/hot dog/grilled cheese with chips, a soda, and ice cream! We will return to school by 12:30 that day.
- Friday, December 8th, is a Holy Day of Obligation. It is the feast of the Immaculate Conception. Our students will attend the parish mass at 9 a.m. Please join us if you can!
- Monday evening, December 11th, is the band concert at school.
- Tuesday evening is our Advent Carols and Lessons program at school….ALL students will participate in this program. Dress in your Christmasy best!
- Thursday evening, December 14th, is our chorus concert at school.
- 4th grade will have mass next Friday, December 15th. More information will come out next week about this.
- There is NO band tomorrow. Band will be this Friday, December 8th.
TESTS FOR THE WEEK OF 12/4
Vocabulary for Chapter 4 of Sounder. This will be matching only.
Religion—Advent Week #1
Reading —Comprehension test on Chapters 3 and 4 of Sounder.
English—-Short quiz on adjectives and articles
HOMEWORK FOR 12/5
Religion – Read together with a parent or adult, Luke 1: 30-35…Homework planners must be signed in the religion section to show it was completed. This assignment will be worth 10 points.
Math – This is a continuation of Lesson 45. Lesson Practice for Lesson 45, pg. 291, a-m. Please read and complete all directions.
Reading- Students were given their vocabulary words today to study for Sounder. Tonight is a designated study night for the Vocab quiz on Thursday.
English – Adjective worksheet for tonight’s homework. Last night’s workbook pg. 55, I took it only as a completion grade and went over it during class. Tonight’s homework will be graded for accuracy.