The Associated Student Body of St. John’s School consists of a Board of Commissioners and a Student Council. Students are elected as an officer or appointed as a commissioner for a term of one year to serve their fellow students, the school, and the community in various ways. Student Council officers are required to maintain a B average.
The purpose of the Student Council is:
- To promote good citizenship
- To encourage a high standard of scholarship
- To arouse school spirit
- To demonstrate the practical application of democracy
- To encourage students to respect justice and peace
- To grow as a community, respecting others’ opinions and supporting one another
- To prepare students to serve their community with Christian values
- To advance the welfare of the school and its members
- To help students become respected citizens and active members of the faith community
Co-curricular activities that involve student council include supporting various charities, hosting middle school socials, encouraging recycling efforts, and participating in the St. Mary’s Association of Student Councils.
President: Ariana Marrero
Vice President: Molly Vonderharr
Secretary: Delaney Huiskens
Treasurer: Taylor Quade
Historian: Kennedy Dobson
This is the first post in the new Student Council blog!