SJS Scrip Program
How it Works
Scrip is a term that means “substitute money.” When you purchase scrip, you’re purchasing negotiable gift certificates and prepaid cards that are used just like cash. You can use scrip to purchase everyday expenses like food, clothing, and other essential.
To register for Scrip: Click to visit https://www.shopwithscrip.com/
The St. John’s School code for online registration is: 126DD2836957cards)
We purchase retail scrip through The Great Lakes Scrip Center (GLSC). GLSC acts on behalf of churches, schools and other non profit organizations to purchase large amounts of scrip from restaurants, department stores, and other retailers. Because the scrip is purchased with cash up front, the participating retailers offer a substantial discount. St. John’s buys the scrip from Great Lakes Scrip Center at a discount, and re-sells the certificates to families like yours for full face value. The discount, from two to fifteen percent or more, amounts to funds raised for the Martin P. Harris Scholarship Fund.
Appealing aspects of the Scrip program are that families do not spend “new money” and each family benefits directly in proportion to its level of participation in the program.
Scrip is popular because families don’t have to sell anything. St. John’s families produce revenue for by making regular household purchases they would make anyway. Groceries, clothing, toys, gifts, even gasoline can be purchased with scrip.
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2015
For in-stock scrip – We offer local grocery, gas and some selected retail scrip that we keep in stock for easy purchase. You can purchase in-stock scrip by:
· During the school year, you can order it Monday thru Thursday through school. Pre-printed order forms are available in the school office and on the school website. Complete the order form and include cash, a check made out to St. John’s or a credit card number. All order forms must filled out completely in order for you to receive credit, this includes your tuition account number. Send the form and payment in and envelope to school with your child. Orders are filled and returned home with your child every Friday or you may elect to pick your order up from the school office at dismissal time on Friday’s. Please note on your order if you are picking up otherwise it will be sent home with your oldest child.
· During the summer months you can stop by the school office to place orders.
Special Order Scrip – Great Lakes Scrip Center (GLSC) is where we order all of our other retailer scrip. You can order this specialty retailer scrip from our ShopWithScrip website. ShopWithScrip lets scrip using families place their GLSC orders online anytime day or night. There are also various options for ordering: gift cards, scripnow eCards, reload and reloadnow.
· Online orders will be placed every 2 weeks, except during the holiday season when orders will be placed each week.
· Send a copy of your order receipt and payment in an envelope to school. When you submit your order, you can indicate which of two ways you wish to receive your scrip: It can be sent home with your child or you can pick it up from the school office Friday at dismissal time (only parent or legal guardian may pick up).
· When placing an online order there are 2 ways that you can pay for the order by check/cash or using PrestoPay. Orders that pay with cash/check will not be placed until payment is received.
The school code for online registration at shopwithcrip.com is: 126DD2836957