Saint John's School BEGINNINGS

St. John's School was opened on September 12, 1923 under the leadership of Rev. Joseph M. Johnson, S.J.  The first four grades were taught in the sacristy of the church and grades five through eight were held in a second story room over the sacristy.  From the 1920s until the 1980s, the school was staffed by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth, Kentucky.

On May 20, 1924 the white frame section of the school was completed as a four-room school building and on June 15, 1952 a brick addition doubled the size of the facility.  On February 6, 2010, the roof of the brick addition collapsed during a severe winter storm.  The white frame section was remodeled and the brick addition was rebuilt. Our new school building opened in January, 2011.

Opening in fall of 2006 and dedicated on May 13, 2007, the Monsignor Harris Center connects the church and school and provides a multi-purpose facility to serve the needs of both.