I apologize that at times this page will not allow me to connect before I leave school. Please look at the previous day if needed as I try to do a “looking ahead” when I can.
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS/Projects: Vocabulary: 6,7,8:
SCI 6 Ch 3 Test Thur 12/19 If you will not be here please arrange to take it early.
Please help ensure your student is checking the webpage and doing all work–especially when absent. It is their responsibility to make-up missed work and to follow up and ask for work.
HOMEROOM: Our Christmas program is tomorrow evening–you should have received an email with info on clothing and arrival time ( 5:45 do not send them to the lab any earlier as there will not be supervision) Our Christmas Party will be Friday. We will provide a luncheon. You should have received info from our HR Parents.
Gr 6, 7 & 8 Vocabulary /Spelling No new lesson this week We will resume after the break.
I highly urge students to use Quizlet to study for the vocabulary tests. I explained this in class and how to access already created Quizlets: Google Quizlet lesson (#) Vocabulary for Achievement Introductory or First Course , etc and you will find Quizlets already made that you can use.
Gr 6 SCI
Worksheets for Sect 2 were given out today. It will be due Monday. Yes Monday– we will use Vocabulary time for Science! Our Ch 3 Test is now Thursday. 12/19
Gr 7 SCI Numbers have been drawn If you know your student is leaving early for the holiday, they must let me know so that we ensure they get interviewed before leaving.
Gr 8 Sci Read pp 502-508 Do Sect 2 wkbk pp 189-191 Due Tuesday 12/17 Do not wait until the last night! You have a field trip Monday and might be tired!