I apologize that at times this page will not allow me to connect before I leave school. Please look at the previous day if needed as I try to do a “looking ahead” when I can.
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS/Projects: Vocabulary: 6,7,8:
Please help ensure your student is checking the webpage and doing all work–especially when absent. It is their responsibility to make-up missed work and to follow up and ask for work.
HOMEROOM: Be looking for info on our Christmas Child we sponsor. Also, words for our Christmas Program were given out today. Students need to memorize these asap! Thanks.
Gr 6, 7 & 8 Vocabulary /Spelling No new lesson this week
I highly urge students to use Quizlet to study for the vocabulary tests. I explained this in class and how to access already created Quizlets: Google Quizlet lesson (#) Vocabulary for Achievement Introductory or First Course , etc and you will find Quizlets already made that you can use.
Gr 6 SCI Finish Ch 3 review pp 92-93#1-20,26 Remember extra credit for writing out items in a complete sentence.
Gr 7 SCI Cell model kits to be given this week and partners will prepare for interview assessments ( each individual to be tested) Please be studying script and use pictures from the book.
Gr 8 Sci Read pp 492-501 Do Sect 1 wkbk pp 186-187 NOT 188 Due Thurs 12/12 Do not wait until the last night–there are quite a few pages to readin this section!!