I apologize that at times this page will not allow me to connect before I leave school. Please look at the previous day if needed as I try to do a “looking ahead” when I can.
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS/Projects: Vocabulary: 6,7,8: Spelling Test less 8 and Voc less 7 & 8 both on Mon 11/18
Please help ensure your student is checking the webpage and doing all work–especially when absent. It is their responsibility to make-up missed work and to follow up and ask for work.
HOMEROOM: Field trip Friday 11/15 Uniform and packed lunch please. Gr 8 Field trip Tues 11/19 Uniform and packed lunch please
Gr 6, 7 & 8 Vocabulary /Spelling Lesson 8 wkbk due Thurs 11/14 and Spelling less 8 test and voc test less 7 & 8 is Mon 11/18 Extra words intensity and duration
I highly urge students to use Quizlet to study for the vocabulary tests. I explained this in class and how to access already created Quizlets: Google Quizlet lesson (#) Vocabulary for Achievement Introductory or First Course , etc and you will find Quizlets already made that you can use.
Gr 6 SCI NOTE: graphing assessment in class this week– I had a handful of students who struggled with this and did not complete in the allotted 3 periods and I will be meeting with them next week. Looking ahead: Read pp -70-79 by Tues 11/19. and do Reading Check Questions and caption Questions. Use a correct heading and neatly done on looseleaf with complete sentences that incorporate the question in a grammatically correct manner.
Gr 7 SCI Visualizing main ideas p 269 NOTE: If you did not have this today, Please do it for a late grade!!! Review p 270-271 1-23,26,27 is due Mon 11/18 Science Test next week TBD
Gr 8 Sci Ch 16 Sect 2 Read text and do wkbk pages! due Wed 11/20