1)Thank you for the lovely plant for Teacher Appreciation and all the other expressions of appreciation.
2) Please be sure you have paid the fee in support of the graduation reception. This will be done for your students next year! 🙂
If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
Gr 6 Sci Rock Cycle 5/24
Gr 6 & 7 Vocab/sp
Gr 7 Sci 5/31 Body systems and Wellness
Gr 8 Sci Please review your PPT for any needed corrections. Schedule is as follows: Tues 5/21 Electric Highway , Helping Hand Wed 5/22 Seismic Shake, Building bridges, Water craft Fri 5/24 Zip Line, Rubber Band Cars , Safe Landing
Please help ensure your student is checking the webpage and doing all work–especially when absent. It is their responsibility to make-up missed work and to follow up and ask for work.
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
VOCAB / SPELLING/ GR 6, 7
Spelling Less 24 for Gr 6, 7 on Thurs 5/31
SCI 6 Rock Cycle Begin review which is due Thurs.Text pp 282 1-17,24 Extra credit: write all out in complete sentences and also # 18 and 21. content outline was given today. Test is Friday
Gr 7 SCI Bring pictures for our posters of wellness. Minimum 4 one of each type–but please try to do more! Due Thurs: Answer the following-You may use your textand/or research elsewhere Why to humans need iron?What are some foods that are rich in iron naturally?What are some food that are enriched or have iron added?
No HW Thursday except study for upcoming test.
Gr 8 Science:
Projects are being presented .