If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
6,7,8 Spelling No School Mon 3/11 so Less 18 Spelling Test and Lessons 17&18 Voc Test Fri 3/15
Gr 6 Sci
Gr 8 Sci
Gr 7 Sci
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
VOCAB / SPELLING/ GR 6, 7 , & 8
Grades 6,7,8: Lesson 18 due Friday 3/8 Extra words: morphology and restoration Sp 18 and Vocab 17& 18 3/15
Gr 6 Sci – Make up sci test is Tuesday for absent students
Gr 7 Read pp 343-349 and do wkbk pp 136-137 due Tues 3/12 ( This was assigned Wed 3/6)
Gr 8 Science: Sample acceleration problems completed and read pp 563-568 and wkbk pp 212-214 due Wed 3/13