Welcome to Mrs. Taylor’s Web Page
It’s my goal to post helpful info,important reminders, and homework for ALL my classes on this page.
Your student should be maintaining a homework agenda, writing down HW at school. I do post HW and some important reminders daily on this web page so that HW can be confirmed, and also, so that absent students can obtain assignments. Thanks.
If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
Homeroom: Tag Day tomorrow. Please follow the non-uniform code.
VOCAB / SPELLING/ GR 6, 7 , & 8
Grades 6,7,8: Lesson 13 due Fri Jan 25 Extra words luster, sensory
Gr 6 Sci – Preview/Read Sect 1 Ch 14 using the Book Mark method for monitoring reading.
Gr 7 Sci – No HW
Gr 8 Science: No written HW