Welcome to Mrs. Taylor’s Web Page
It’s my goal to post helpful info,important reminders, and homework for ALL my classes on this page.
Your student should be maintaining a homework agenda, writing down HW at school. I do post HW and some important reminders daily on this web page so that HW can be confirmed, and also, so that absent students can obtain assignments. Thanks.
If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS/Projects: Spelling Less 9 Nov 26 Gr 6 Graphing Assessment due 11/20**
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
GRADE 7 HR-
VOCAB / SPELLING/ GR 6, 7 , & 8
Less 9 workbook and spelling test have been moved to Mon 11/26 ( Monday we return from break) Extra words are
1) photosynthesis 2) respiration
Gr 6 Sci – **We began our Graphing Assessment project. All 3 graphs should be complete for Monday’s class. We will have time to write the analyze and conclude. Feel free to read those questions, look at your data and begin to think of your answers. An email was sent regarding this project. If done at the end of class you can turn it in on Monday. If you still need time,it will be due Tuesday 11/20 by 8 am.
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Red 2008.
Gr 7 Sci –No HW
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Green 2008.
Gr 8 Sci- No HW
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Blue 2008.