Welcome to Mrs. Taylor’s Web Page
It’s my goal to post helpful info,important reminders, and homework for ALL my classes on this page.
Your student should be maintaining a homework agenda, writing down HW at school. I do post HW and some important reminders daily on this web page so that HW can be confirmed, and also, so that absent students can obtain assignments. Thanks.
If your child has lower test scores, please encourage ACTIVE studying, not “looking it over”. This can dramatically increase performance. I can’t emphasize enough the importance of completing all homework thoughtfully…not rushing through it just to get it done. Thank you. Mrs. Taylor
Here are some of my favorite study tips–start early:
- Turn the objectives or What you will learn into “Can I….” questions to check for understanding.
- Always use Previewing Technique for reading assignments and any worksheets!
- Preview workbook pages before reading the section and “take notes” by filling in the science workbook pages.
- Use the 2/3,1/3 method for definitions (modeled in class)
- Use index cards to create vocab study cards. Use them to make a written quiz for yourself; First put word side up and write the definitions. Then put definitions side up and retest the opposite way.
UPCOMING TESTS: Gr 6 Sci Test Thursday 9/27
Thank you in advance for viewing this slide program if you have not seen it–it explains my partnership with parents and the expectations for teacher, parent, and student. There are notes in the notes section that reflect the talk that evening.
GRADE 7 HR–
VOCAB / SPELLING/ GR 6, 7 , & 8
Less3. Students had some class time to work on this today. It will be due Friday 9/28. Test Monday. The extra 2 words this lesson are
Gr 6 Sci – Study!!! Refer to parent email for tips on studying! @ essay /brief constructed response questions and needed points were qiven today. It is recommended that students practice constructing a good answer and write it several times. It needs to contain complete sentences with proper grammar and punctuation:
1) What are models and why do we use them? Tell the 3 main types and an example of each.
2) Why is it important that data is reliable? What are the characteristics of reliable data and how do we ensure that?
Gr 6 Sci Test Thursday 9/27
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Red 2008.
Gr 7 Sci –Ch 8 Text pp 214-217 and wkbk pp 82-84. We had class time for this today!! Due Wed
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Green 2008.
Gr 8 Sci- Ch 14 read sect 1 pp 404-405 Do wkbk p 158-top of 159 thru and including Models of the atom (Dalton) due Wed A little Class time was given for this today.
Please note: On-line textbook no longer is available but student resources are (such as quizzes!). Cut and paste the following into your browser. Then select Integrated science. Then level Blue 2008.